News Corp Australia’s new environment goals
27/09/2021 2:01 PM
News Corp Australia today announced the next set of environmental targets the company is committed to, how we will achieve them and how our staff can get involved.
Our Australian goals align with the targets agreed to by our News Corp colleagues around the world and reflect our long-established environmental leadership in our industry.
Formally the new goals for our Australian operations are to:
- Reduce our carbon footprint by 5 per cent every year to reach 60 per cent by 2030.
- Contribute to our global goal to reduce emissions in our supply chain by 20 per cent by 2030.
- Achieve zero waste to landfill across our major sites by 2025, with a special focus on reducing single use plastics.
- Source 100 per cent of newsprint from certified material by 2025.
- Seek opportunities to power our operations with cleaner sources of energy.
- Work with our staff and stakeholders for 1 Degree of change.