Water at school
- Don’t leave the tap running when washing your hands and always turn taps off tightly when you finish using them.
- Wash paint brushes in a bucket or ice cream container.
- Nominate water monitors to check for leaking and running taps.
- Use brooms rather than hoses to clean up.
- Install water tanks for use in gardens.
- Mulch gardens to retain moisture in the soil and reduce evaporation, and add water crystals to enhance water absorption in the soil and water plants at their base.
- Invite the children to make an environmental map of the community to identify resources and sites in need of protection and improvement.