Water at work
- Conduct a water audit to identify options, costs, savings and financial returns.
- Rectify leaks quickly. A leaking tap can waste up to 200 litres of water a day – check your washers!
- Install low flow regulators to taps and showers.
- Think about changing toilets to dual flush systems.
- Consider choosing water efficient equipment and appliances across all areas of your business.
- Assess how your building uses water and keep track of how much is being used to easily identify problem areas.
- Don’t run a dishwasher until it is full and use signage to encourage others to save water.
- When you are washing your hands, don’t let the water run while you lather.